Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Story published

New Asian Writing published my story The Curse on their website. It is available at http://www.new-asian-writing.com/?p=1202

It is a story based on some real life fallouts of a leather tanning industry that is poisoning the lives of those who stay close to the factory. Heavy metal contamination is the result of tanning works that ironically seasons the leather used in our wallets, shoes and other leather-based goods and luxury items.

Our lifestyle comes at a great cost, not just a hole in our purse, but also in the form of holes in lives which survive on or near such industries. I hope this little piece brings home this point.

I would appreciate if I receive comments on it (available at the bottom of the story) or share your "lifestyle-related stories" that touched a chord.

Happy reading!


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment