Sunday, April 11, 2010

Miscellany

This Notes app appears to be the best of the breed after all. Let me stick to this one. It served me well in the past. But what I wanted was more than a notes writer; I wanted a kind of diary in which I could type in text as well as append audio and video.

Whenever I hear news of someone's untimely death, like in a plane crash, I wonder why we go on in life as if we will go on forever.

It has been more than a week since I looked at my writings or considered them for edits. There is a lot of research I need to do to take the novels to the next level. Instead, I spent a great deal of time in forcing another story to come out, which it did not really.

Meanwhile I am playing around a lot with this device, loading apps and checking their functionality, then hunting the Net for more.

I did read a bit, a couple of stories from Guy de Maupassant and felt I must learn to write like him. Clear prose, simple yet profound, touching the depths of feelings without any grandiose writing.
Sent from Nokia Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment