Saturday, April 24, 2010

Theme

I added a few chapters at the beginning of my first novel, which I will probably entitle Two Lives - meaning the two different lives led by a single person. The book is coming up in five parts - The Beginning, The Red Book, The Gizmo Queen, The Shrink and finally The Ending. I drafted all the parts and need to do some research in filling up gaps and ironing out some kinks. The theme of the book, if one could talk about it, is an attempt to look beyond the obvious, beyond the comfort and the ordinariness of the normal, an attempt to penetrate the superficiality of daily living and dig deep into the mind and its activities. When the heart fails in love, the mind seeks answers in philosophy and spirituality. When love is gone, there is the barrenness of the intellectual landscape. Life in love is like a running brook; without love, it is like a desert sand, hot and barren. If I can capture this in the book, then my purpose is fulfilled.
Sent from Nokia Smartphone

No comments:

Post a Comment